[mpiwg-persistence] [mpiwg-semantic-terms] Summary of Semantics for Partitioned Communication Operations

Bangalore, Purushotham puri at uab.edu
Fri Jul 24 11:10:51 CDT 2020

Hi All,

Here is the updated spreadsheet <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VkkqAd56lgxEt3JEt-zmGR0aC1VvLTDh/view?usp=sharing> for the appendix and the updated text<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12M6glWfNDt3WpLsf8FNug2ma0cRG2QZ_mNKnvUl19Ws/edit?usp=sharing> for the semantic terms section based on the discussion with Ryan related to partitioned communication functions this week. Please review.

The basic idea is to introduce a new operation type called partitioned operation. This would require the introduction of a new stage called ready stage after the starting stage. Ryan has updated the text for the ready stage and we have added a new state transition diagram for the partitioned operations.

Thanks,
Puri