[mpiwg-p2p] Meeting Today?

Dan Holmes d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 17:10:18 CDT 2017

Hi Jeff,

I wrote some notes about our discussion.
https://github.com/mpiwg-p2p/p2p-issues/wiki/notes-2017-03-27 <https://github.com/mpiwg-p2p/p2p-issues/wiki/notes-2017-03-27>

In short, the memory must be returned to the original owner for de-allocation.
We mentioned an attach/detach method for using user memory.
We also discussed using Fsend/Arecv to/from MPI_COMM_NULL to transfer ownership without needing another message.
This needs careful thought - hence the suggestion for sequence diagrams.

Cheers,
Dan.