[mpiwg-p2p] Next meeting: 10th October 2016 11am Central US

Dan Holmes dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 03:24:04 CDT 2016

Hi all,

The next point-to-point teleconference will be on Monday 10th October 2016 at 11am Central US via webex.

Connection details are on the p2p wiki:
https://github.com/mpiwg-p2p/p2p-issues/wiki <https://github.com/mpiwg-p2p/p2p-issues/wiki>

Agenda:

1) Deprecation of send cancel (issue #26): at the Sept 2016 meeting, Rolf correctly pointed out multiple additional administrative changes that are needed for this. I have a list of these changes and I am working through them. Once that is done, we will need 4 reviewers (Rolf + 3).

2) Communicator assertions (issue #11): at the Sept 2016 meeting, Pavan et al raised the valid objection that fixing the train-wreck of INFO_GET/SET may have knock-on effects on this and so we should delay the vote on it until we have the full picture.

3) Fixing INFO_GET/SET (issue #new): Jim and I have discussed a plan to get this moving.

Slides from Sept 2016 meeting with notes on discussion and way forward:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10EPCx2LuJ0BWCeUXIG3pXJjqQs1tlnlO-6TJXIC8G8Q/edit?usp=sharing

In addition to our next meeting (10th Oct), we will have 24th Oct and 7th Nov before 21st Nov, which is the 2-week deadline for the next face-to-face meeting.

Plan:
Withdraw #11 from vote on 23rd Sept. [DONE]
Create #new and produce a first draft of the text for the Standard. [IN PROGRESS]
Discuss at the meeting on 10th Oct.
Adjust text for the Standard and produce a first draft of the slides for presenting at the next face-to-face.
Discuss at the meeting on 24th Oct.
Find and fix all the references and stuff that's needed for a proper proposal (Rolf-proofing).
Discuss at the meeting on 7th Nov.
Final adjustments for #new, text, and slides.
Announce #11 (1st vote) and #new (reading) to mpi-forum list by 21st Nov.

If we discover during the work on #new that #11 needs to be adjusted then we can re-start its formal procedure with a reading in December.

Cheers,
Dan.

--
Dan Holmes
Applications Consultant in HPC Research

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*