[Mpiwg-large-counts] Fwd: Explicit F08 bindings for MPI_Op_create and MPI_Register_datarep

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Wed Aug 5 11:13:13 CDT 2020

Puri asked me to forward this to the Fortran WG:
Dear Members of Fortran WG:

Hubert pointed out that we have to provide MPI_Op_create_l and MPI_Register_datarep_l functions in the F08 bindings since generic function overload is not possible for these two functions (the only difference in the two versions of these functions is the argument of type procedure and these two procedure arguments are not distinguishable, more details from Hubert at: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/137#issuecomment-648725841).

The question for the Fortran WG is: Is there a better solution than adding the _l functions for these two cases? If not, are you all OK with making an exception for these two cases and adding _l functions?

Thanks,
Puri

I sent this message earlier, however it looks like it got rejected. I have subscribed for the Fortran WG mailing list, so not sure what happened. In any case, could you please forward this to the Fortran WG mailing list.

Thanks,
Puri