[Mpiwg-large-counts] Large Count - the principles for counts, sizes, and byte and nonbyte displacements

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Fri Nov 1 03:00:26 CDT 2019

A small comment on the result of our telcon:
- Postfix _l for int -> MPI_Count
- Postfix _x for additionally
   MPI_Aint -> MPI_Count
  I.e., the additional routines in the derived datatype chapter.

  Two of them already exist
  MPI_Type_get_(true)extent_x

  In Fortran we will have then for the
  same routine two aliases:

   - the overload one without _x
   - and the explicit one with _x

  For both ones, the internal function name is the same, with _x.

Best regards
Rolf