[MPI3-IO] I/O working group Notes

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:09:22 CDT 2013

Relevant to this is that enhancing generalized requests also came up.  Part of the discussion is this: would an enhancement to generalized requests, which would have broader benefit, be a more general solution?

Background: The Forum is increasingly concerned about the creation of routines to solve specific problems rather than stepping back and trying to find a more general and powerful solution.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign