[MPI3-IO] Topics for discussion for the I/O working group slot

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Mon Feb 25 17:26:28 CST 2013

Hi Dries,

On 2/25/2013 3:44 PM, Dries Kimpe wrote:
> - Fix shared file pointer access cfr. the EuroMPI paper?

yes thanks for reminding me :-)

> - independent file view changes

Do you think, implementation wise, that it would be straightforward to
just remove this restriction? I'm worried how that would effect shared
file pointer operations in the standard.
I'm all for having a new routine to change the file view independently
with restrictions on what comes after that.

Thanks,
Mohamad