[MPI3-IO] shared file pointer

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Mon Feb 6 10:48:50 CST 2012

Hi Dries,

I'm jumping late on this thread, but to summarize so far (and correct me
if I made a mistake understanding), we have two cases:

1) two non-blocking collective shared FP operations:

	MPI_File_iread_ordered
	MPI_File_iread_ordered

This will be ordered in the sense that the user will see that the first
operations will occur before the second one.

2) mixed collective and independent

         MPI_File_iread_ordered
	MPI_File_read_shared

Where the choices that you mentioned apply, right?

  * make that case illegal
  * make it undefined

As you mentioned that since the split collectives leave it as undefined,
makes me lean more towards keeping it that way.

Thanks,
Mohamad