[MPI3-IO] Non blocking collective I/O ticket

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Mon Dec 19 08:51:15 CST 2011

Hi Rajeev,

On 12/16/2011 02:20 PM, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> Instead of all input arguments, I would just say input buffers since there are no other array arguments and datatypes are refcounted. So the sentence could say
>
> "Input buffers should not be modified and output buffers should not be accessed before the completion call."

fixed.

> I was wondering if there is a way to forward reference this section somewhere earlier since it appears so late in the chapter.

I was debating where should I have it. The other place was earlier on
page 447 line 12 (After Data Access Conventions). But then I saw a
section for collective I/O operation in the consistency semantics
Section, I put there. Do you think it would be better if we move it up
to the Data Access Routines subsection? Do you have another suggestion?

> I also noticed that ln 2-3 on pg 446 needs to be marked as a change in MPI-3 (color).

fixed.

Thanks,
Mohamad