[mpiwg-hybridpm] HACC WG Today

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:31:48 CDT 2022

Hi All,

The HACC WG will convene at the usual time today. Today's agenda:

(1) Continue reviewing feedback and revising allocator kind info proposal
  + Continue with existing asserted/provided approach
  + Or, create new requested/provided approach
  + Please give this some thought and come with an opinion. I feel we have
not heard from enough members of the WG to commit to a specific direction.

(2) Discuss MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE clarification
  + Concern is that doing nothing leaves it ambiguous
  + If we add an advice to users that it's ambiguous, then need to assume
the weaker semantic
  + Should we just specify the weaker semantic and add a new threading
level in the future?

(3) Goal setting for accelerator synchronous communication

Cheers,
 ~Jim.