[mpiwg-hybridpm] Call for Topics

Choi, Jaemin jchoi157 at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 9 20:19:42 CST 2021

Thanks Jim, I must have missed the discussions from the last couple of meetings.
We’ve recently implemented GPU-aware communication in Charm++ and Adaptive MPI using UCX, and just started to look into how we can avoid the host-side synchronizations before/after communication.
UCX supporting CUDA streams could be a solution, but I also wanted to explore other options as well. I wasn’t aware of libmp, I will definitely have a look at that and NCCL to see how streams are integrated there.

Best,

Jaemin Choi
PhD Candidate in Computer Science
Research Assistant at the Parallel Programming Laboratory
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign