[mpiwg-hybridpm] Meeting Monday?

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Dec 12 07:46:08 CST 2013

On Dec 12, 2013, at 7:08 AM, Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Yes, that’s the plan.  We have a bunch of changes for the March meeting, so I’d rather not skip it.
>
> Also, can we do telecon instead of webex (and add webex/google hangout later if we need to share docs)?

Is it really easier?

My personal experience is:

1. webex tends to "just work" more than Google hangouts.
2. both have "first time bootstrap" issues, but webex tends to be quicker

Honestly, I'm not trying to promote my own company's tool; it certainly has its own shortcomings.  It's just been my experience that webex tends to work easier for a larger group of people than google hangouts.

As for phones -- Webex has a "use your computer mic/speaker/video" option right on the connection screen.

jsquyres at cisco.com