[Mpi3-hybridpm] Ticket 217 proposal document updated

Douglas Miller dougmill at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 13:32:22 CST 2012

The "#pragma omp for" does a barrier at the end of the block (since we did
not specify "nowait"), so I don't think it is required.

Douglas Miller                  BlueGene Messaging Development
IBM Corp., Rochester, MN USA                     Bldg 030-2 A401
dougmill at us.ibm.com               Douglas Miller/Rochester/IBM

             Jim Dinan
             <dinan at mcs.anl.go
             v>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  mpi3-hybridpm at lists.mpi-forum.org,
             mpi3-hybridpm-bou                                          cc
             nces at lists.mpi-fo
             rum.org                                               Subject
                                       Re: [Mpi3-hybridpm] Ticket 217
                                       proposal document updated
             01/30/2012 12:38
             PM

             Please respond to
             mpi3-hybridpm at lis
             ts.mpi-forum.org

Hi Doug,

In Example 12.3, the "#omp barrier" should be required to ensure that
all threads have finished updating sendbuf and reading recvbuf before
the Allreduce.

  ~Jim.