[Mpi3-hybridpm] Telecon 10/6 at 12pm central

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 6 12:38:49 CDT 2011

Hi All,

We discussed adding another split_type to the MPI_Comm_split_type
proposal (ticket 287) to broaden the use of this routine from shared
memory to being able to split based on topology.  Text would look
something like:

MPI_COMM_TYPE_NEIGHBORHOOD - this type splits the communicator into
subcommunicators, each of which encapsulates a neighborhood of
processes.  Implementations may provide info keys that can be used to
specify the criteria used to group processes, e.g. using a feature of
the system topology.

Overall, we agreed that this would be a good addition.  We want to
solicit feedback from other members of the working group (especially
Ron, who is the ticket's owner) as to whether we should add this to the
existing text or create a new ticket and pursue this independently.
We're planning another formal reading of this ticket at the October meeting.

Thanks,
  Jim.