[Mpi3-hybridpm] [Mpi3-rma] Alternative Proposal for Shared Memory Support

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 15 20:44:49 CDT 2011

Torsten:

I suggested a joint meeting because that will make it
clear on the schedule. I was not thinking about adding
administrative overhead. I would like to be present.
I will likely miss the Tuesday morning sessions due to
a long telecon that I need to attend.

I think some sort of "best effort" wording will be needed.
It is possible that processes are on the same node but
that no shared memory is available. In that case distinct
physical memory regions could be returned.

I am not quite following the group comments. Are you saying
that the different windows are returned to different shared
memory domains? I thought the window would be available to
all processes but physically shared memory is used when possible.
How is the group returned? How do you query it?

Bronis