[Mpi3-hybridpm] Fwd: MPI shared memory allocation issues

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 28 13:28:54 CDT 2011

Forwarding this mail to a broader audience, based on our discussion here at the March 2011 MPI Forum meeting.  There was additional correspondence on this thread that I can forward as needed, but this forwarded mail contains my core argument against the original (allocate+free+fence) proposal.

-Dave

Begin forwarded message: