[Mpi3-hybridpm] External interfaces chapter updates

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Sat Oct 30 16:29:08 CDT 2010

Bill:

Doesn't it seem like it would be useful to partition
the changes into the issues that motivate them? It
would seem we could use the ticket number as a way
to do that.

Otherwise, it will be hard to tell minor wording changes
that can be considered individually from those that need
acceptance of a more significant overall change.

Bronis

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, William Gropp wrote:

> We don't need tickets for edits to the document - tickets were the
> appropriate way to manage minor corrections to the document but don't
> help the process of developing a new or greatly revised chapter.  The
> RMA group has two proposals on its wiki, both of which are in the
> context of complete chapters.  A drawback to tickets was they made it
> possible to think that by reading the ticket, the issue was
> understood.  This caused several problems in the prior rounds, and
> would be more serious here.
>
> So, no ticket is needed.  Following the written instructions, a zero
> (0) may be used.
>
> Bill
>
> On Oct 30, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Bronis R. de Supinski wrote:
>

>> Pavan:
>>
>> Re:

>>> I thought the process was changing out of using tickets for the
>>> changes
>>> for MPI-3. If not we can update this once all the tickets have been