[Mpi3-hybridpm] External interfaces chapter updates

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Sat Oct 30 13:49:27 CDT 2010

Pavan:

Re:
> I think it's time for us to start dumping in text into the chapter and
> start discussing the exact wording. I've included the helper threads and
> shared memory extensions proposals into the chapter and uploaded it to
> the wiki
> (https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/wiki/MPI3Hybrid/ei-2-v0.1.pdf).
> Please take a look at it and let me know your comments.

I'll try to make a detailed reading next week. In the
meantime, I have some immediate comments:

1. You need to modify section 12.1 in light of the additions.
In the least, you should describe the proposed section 12.5
there although it would probably be good to mention helper
threads in some way also.

2. You need to annotate your proposed changes with ticket
numbers. I suggest that we need separate tickets for each
of the major additions. Isee that ticket 217:

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/217

covers the helper threads proposal. We will need ticekts
for the shared memory extensions and endpoints.

Bronis