[Mpi3-hybridpm] Reminder for the telecon tomorrow

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 25 13:05:08 CDT 2010

Folks,

Apologies. I was unexpectedly stuck in the German consulate for more
than 3 hours, and couldn't get out on time for this call.

Doug: I looked through the proposal and I think we covered all of the
details at the last Forum. So, other than an implementation, I don't
think there's anything new we need to discuss, correct? The only touchy
issue is the use of this call when MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE is not provided
(e.g., using multiple helper threads in MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED mode). I
plan to bring this up at the Forum next time.

  -- Pavan

On 05/25/2010 07:39 AM, Douglas Miller wrote:
> I would like to finalize the helper threads proposal, so if everyone has
> looked at the latest copy it might be worthwhile to talk about it briefly.
> I would not expect that the entire hour is needed.

> Douglas Miller                  BlueGene Messaging Development
> IBM Corp., Rochester, MN USA                     Bldg 030-2 A410
> dougmill at us.ibm.com               Douglas Miller/Rochester/IBM
>

>              Pavan Balaji
>              <balaji at mcs.anl.g
>              ov>                                                        To
>              Sent by:                  mpi3-hybridpm at lists.mpi-forum.org
>              mpi3-hybridpm-bou                                          cc
>              nces at lists.mpi-fo
>              rum.org                                               Subject
>                                        Re: [Mpi3-hybridpm] Reminder for
>                                        the telecon tomorrow
>              05/24/2010 06:48
>              PM
>

>              Please respond to
>              mpi3-hybridpm at lis
>              ts.mpi-forum.org
>

> In that case shall we cancel the telecon?
>
> Doug: would you like to discuss anything on the helper threads proposal?
>
>   -- Pavan
>
> On 05/24/2010 06:34 PM, Snir, Marc wrote:
>> I shall be on a plane -- sorry.
>>
>> On May 24, 2010, at 4:35 PM, Pavan Balaji wrote:
>>
>>> We'll have our usual telecon tomorrow. The telecon details are available
>
>>> here: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Hybrid
>>>
>>> (the telecon information has changed from the previous meetings).
>>>
>>>  -- Pavan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Pavan Balaji
>>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji