[Mpi3-hybridpm] Reminder for telecon: 03/30

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 29 09:35:26 CDT 2010

Hi Doug,

Douglas Miller wrote:
> The example is as I intended. The usage I've been promoting is that all
> team members do the join and leave. This is the only way to get all threads
> participating.

Sorry if I'm forgetting something we already discussed -- in your
example, are the t != 0 threads blocking inside MPI_Endpoint_join()? My
guess is no, since the t == 0 thread which needs to make the Allgather
call needs to come out.

Then how will MPI use these threads (they need to be under MPI's control
to be used).

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji