[Mpi3-hybridpm] Meeting notes

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 10 13:14:50 CST 2010

There was a lot of discussion on what is the Advice to Implementors on
what is a sensible number for max_endpoints to be returned by the
implementation. Is it related to the number of cores (and hence
potential number of threads) or the number of (virtual) network
interfaces. If the latter, what exactly is a virtual network interface.
Is each socket a virtual NI?

Someone asked, if you have nodes with 1024 cores connected by some
network, would you want to set max_endpoints to 8 or 128 or 1024 or
65536 or something else?

Rajeev