[Mpi3-hybridpm] New version of the hybrid proposal

Douglas Miller dougmill at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 1 11:09:12 CST 2010

I have attached a document to the forum, which contains notes and a
starting discussion for the additional support for parallelism I've been
mentioning. Unless plans have changed, I expect we will discuss this on Jan
5.

thanks,

Douglas Miller                  BlueGene Messaging Development
IBM Corp., Rochester, MN USA                     Bldg 030-2 A410
dougmill at us.ibm.com               Douglas Miller/Rochester/IBM

             "Snir, Marc"
             <snir at illinois.ed
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  "mpi3-hybridpm at lists.mpi-forum.org"
             mpi3-hybridpm-bou         <mpi3-hybridpm at lists.mpi-forum.org>
             nces at lists.mpi-fo                                          cc
             rum.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Mpi3-hybridpm] New version of the
             12/30/2009 04:35          hybrid proposal
             PM

             Please respond to
             mpi3-hybridpm at lis
             ts.mpi-forum.org

I attached to the wiki the file hybrid-V4.pdf. This is an essentially
complete proposal that reflects the discussions we had at last telecom, and
has new text on OpenMP binding, TBB binding and UPC/CAF binding. There are
many discussion items that we need to address at the next telecom -- Would
be good if you read and prepared for that telecom. The only thing missing
(other than, almost certainly, numerous corrections), are real examples to
illustrate the usefulness of the constructs.

Would be good to have an initial implementation before the next meeting in
Atlanta.

Happy New Year.

Marc Snir
Michael Faiman and Saburo Muroga Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
4323 Siebel Center, 201 N Goodwin, IL 61801
Tel (217) 244 6568
Web http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/snir