[Mpi3-hybridpm] Mpi3-hybridpm Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

Snir Marc snir at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 7 01:40:02 CDT 2009

No strong preference, one way or another. specifying a predefined
attribute still requires using a query function to access its value;
furthermore, MPI does not require that attributes be constant. So I
see no difference in functionality -- do I miss something?

>> Thanks Marc. Should there be an additional call to
>> MPI_Get_num_endpoints() instead of using a predefined attribute
>> MPI_ENDPOINTS? This will allow implementations to decide how many end
>> points to create depending on how many other applications are sharing
>> the network resources, for example.
>>
>> -- Pavan
>>
>> --
>> Pavan Balaji
>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji

Marc Snir
4323 Siebel Center, 201 N Goodwin, IL 61801
Tel (217) 244 6568
Web http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/snir