[Mpi3-hybridpm] Changes to ticket #154

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 25 04:18:33 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I've made some changes to the description of ticket #154 (MPI Progress
Semantics) based on the feedback from the last telecon. There are two
primary changes:

1. There's a first attempt on describing what "MPI progress semantics"
means.

2. I've decoupled the issue of progress in different cases (e.g.,
derived datatypes, wild-card tags/sources) from this ticket; the MPI
implementation will need to figure out whether the application is using
these features in a different way (e.g., through environment variables
passed by the user).

Please take a look at the changes, if you get a chance.

Thanks,

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji