[Mpi3-hybridpm] Telecon on Dec. 22nd

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 15 23:25:23 CST 2009

Hi all,

Apologies for the cancellation of the two previous telecons. I wanted to
send out the agenda for the next telecon (on Dec. 22nd, Tuesday, at 11am
central), so that it gets on everyone's calendar early this time.

Agenda:

The broad discussion item for the telecon is the issues raised at the
last face-to-face meeting on Marc's proposal. See the previous meeting
notes for more information
(https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Hybrid/notes-2009-11-11).

We'll likely not have time to cover all the topics, but I'm hoping that
we can address (i) the API issues of MPI_Init_endpoint and NUM_ENDPOINTS
(and the associated bind calls) and (ii) semantic issues with respect to
using threads in collective operations (i.e., can threads initiate
collective operations before all end points are bound). These two cover
three of the six issues raised. I'm mostly pushing for these two aspects
since they are the biggest show-stoppers for an implementation of the
proposal. But I'm open to changing the priority order of issues to
discuss if others feel necessary.

If there are other agenda items that need to be covered in this meeting,
please let me know.

Doug: did you want to discuss the issues you brought up on the mailing
list in this telecon?

Thanks,

 -- Pavan

--