[Mpi3-hybridpm] MPI + threads / MPI +OpenMP

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 7 15:06:05 CDT 2009

I haven't digested the full proposal yet, but regarding the footnote on
pg 4:

"Note that the interaction between thread support model and dynamic
process creation is not clearly defined by the MPI standard: Do newly
created processes inherit the same level of thread support as the
processes in the original communicator? This will need to be clarified,
before we can discuss dynamic endpoint creation."

I believe the answer is that the newly created processes themselves call
Init or Init_thread, which specifies their thread level.

Rajeev