[mpiwg-ft] WG FT Meeting schedule

Aurelien Bouteiller bouteill at icl.utk.edu
Mon May 2 11:44:15 CDT 2022

Meeting Summary
===============

Advice about unsupported fault types
------------------------------------

We discussed changes to the introduction of fine-grain recovery to add an advice to implementors about non-process-fail-stop faults. Text visible here:

https://github.com/mpiwg-ft/mpi-standard/pull/17

Overall text appears clear enough, please add more feedback on the PR itself (ping me if you do not have access to the repo).

All PRs with “error handling” components

Here is a list of all the PRs to the main standard that do touch error handling. I don’t see any issues with them, but please bring forward any reservations you may have for the next meeting.

* Sessions and LAST_USED_CODE: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/657
* Sessions and language bindings: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/658
* MPI Objects, Sessions and where to find an error handler: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/644/files
* MPI_Comm_create_from_group errhandler to invoke: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/629
* Tools clarify they use return codes (not MPI error codes): https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/646
* New error class MPI_ERR_ERRHANDLER: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/633
* MPI_DELETE_ERROR_CLASS and friends: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/166

Next Meeting

Joint with Session: Monday May 9th 13:00 EST
WG only: Monday May 16th, 12:00 EST

Best Regards,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Bouteiller, Ph.D.
Innovative Computing Laboratory; The University of Tennessee;