[mpiwg-ft] Plenary Slides for FTWG Overview

Laguna Peralta, Ignacio lagunaperalt1 at llnl.gov
Thu May 30 12:18:58 CDT 2019

Hi Wesley,

Very good slides! They cover well the group discussion topics.

I have a suggestion on slide 11 ("Reinitialize MPI"): we could add a
line "...initialize..." between the MPI_Init() and the MPI_Reinit()
calls since programmers may want to skip some initialization steps
during recovery by placing the MPI_Reinit() location a bit further in
the main function (but always before any MPI state is created).

The same concept applies to slide 12 (i.e., adding an "...initialize..."
line after MPI_Init() makes sense).

Thank you very much for putting this together.

Ignacio