[mpiwg-ft] FTWG Call Topics?

Ignacio Laguna lagunaperalt1 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 21 12:17:14 CDT 2017

I'm okay if we cancel.

On a different note, I wanted to ask the group about the error handler
for MPI_Init. As I look into the problem of MPI re-initialization, I
came across some questions, which I'm not been able to answer myself by
reading the standard:

- Since one cannot set an error handler before MPI_Init, is is expected
that MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL is enabled when MPI_Init is called? If that is
the case, one can assume that if an error occurs the first time MPI_Init
is called (let's assume in the future we can call MPI_Init several
times), MPI will abort?

- Is there any situation, in which MPI_Init could return an error code
if a failure occurs?

- Is there a way to set MPI_ERROR_RETURN in COMM_WORLD before calling
MPI_Init?

I realize this was discussed in 2010, but I'm not sure if the forum
found a solution:
https://lists.mpi-forum.org/pipermail/mpiwg-ft/2010-August/000500.html

Thanks!

--
Ignacio Laguna
Center for Applied Scientific Computing (CASC)