[mpiwg-ft] Catastrophic Error Codes

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Mon May 23 08:19:28 CDT 2016

Hi working group,

I realized this morning that we never tackled one of pieces of feedback we got at the last reading for catastrophic error codes. The forum wanted us to add a new API function that would indicate whether the MPI library has ever returned a catastrophic error code. I put something together quickly this morning and I’d appreciate people taking a look at it so I can send it out to the full forum before the deadline today.

The diff with the addition can be found here:

https://github.com/mpiwg-ft/mpi-standard/commit/7826a75a14f12ad8f4a399225d58f2ff1245f81c

Please make any comments on that diff page or via email quickly so I can iterate before this afternoon.

Thanks,
Wesley