[mpiwg-ft] Ticket 324 June 2015 Reading

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 2 00:06:27 CDT 2015

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the summary - I think this describes it fairly well.

One additional comment: there was some discussion on having to deal with
situations where there is/was an associated communicator, but that
communicator has been freed before the fault happened. The question was
which communicator an Abort should be on in this case. Personally, I think
it should propagate upwards to the next communicator in the hierarchy,
worst case to COMM_WORLD, but other options exist as well. It would be
good, though, to clearly define this case.

Martin

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA