[Mpi3-ft] Ticket 323 - status?

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Thu May 31 11:41:00 CDT 2012

Aurelien:

Re:
> I have not made myself clear here. The implementation I am talking
> about supports the entire interface. It just does so without reporting
> errors and lets MPI in an undefined state after process failures, as is

I understood that was what you meant. While you may not see
providing that implementation as a "quality of implementation"
issue, others would. So many implementors would feel compelled
to provide an implementation that does more. It is the fault-free
overhead of the one that does more that is critical.

Bronis