[Mpi3-ft] Ticket 323 - status?

George Bosilca bosilca at eecs.utk.edu
Wed May 30 19:55:14 CDT 2012

On May 31, 2012, at 08:44 , Martin Schulz wrote:

> Several people who abstained had very similar concerns, but chose the abstain vote since they know it meant no,

Your interpretation is barely making a "simple majority" in the forum, as highlighted by parallel discussions in the other email threads. But let's leave this discussion in its own thread.

But you're right, both "no" and "abstain" votes should be addressed. Bill made his point very clear, and to be honest he was the only one that raised a __valid__ point about the FT proposal. Personally, I am looking forward to fruitful discussions during our weekly phone-calls where the complaints raised during the voting will be brought forward in the way that the working group will have a real opportunity to address them as they deserve. In other terms we are all counting on you guys to enlighten us on the major issues with this proposal and the potential solutions you envision or promote.

  george.