[Mpi3-ft] Fault Tolerance & I/O Discussion

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Tue Jan 31 11:52:58 CST 2012

(Cross posted to both the I/O and FT MPI-3 listservs)

During the FT plenary session at the Jan. MPI Forum meeting there were some
concerns about fault tolerance semantics in the I/O chapter. We did not
have much time to fully discuss the additional semantics during the
meeting. To make sure that we push towards a complete set of semantics
useful for the I/O community in the next draft I would like to have a
teleconf to discuss the I/O chapter of the FT proposal. Preferability in
the next week and a half (so we have time to fine tune things before the
next forum meeting).

Below is a link to a doodle poll to find a good time for a teleconf. If you
are interested in participating in this discussion, please fill this poll
out by 2 PM Eastern on Thurs. Feb. 2 so we can set the date/time.
   http://www.doodle.com/s3hz9daeh8pn483m

Thanks,
Josh

--