[Mpi3-ft] list of opaque objects and othe rmpi entities on the list

Sur, Sayantan sayantan.sur at intel.com
Fri Dec 7 11:25:31 CST 2012

Hi Adam,

This is an important point that you mention. I think you raised in the WG meeting too, but I don't recall any deep discussion on this topic beyond that. I agree with your suggested approach that maybe it will be better to deal with the template at a global level first.

One idea could be that we create Info keys that are hints to the MPI lib that say the application would like it if these objects were local. E.g. it would like fast access to them at the cost of increased storage. The application therefore makes a conscious decision about this up front. However, setting info on an info object would be weird ;)

-Sayantan