[Mpi3-ft] MPI_ANY_SOURCE

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 5 14:10:42 CDT 2011

I suspect that we'd get thread issues with the warning approach:

    Two threads post AS receives.
    Thread A does a Wait and gets the warning, then does a reenable_AS
    Thread B does a Wait and hangs because all of its senders are dead

We didn't have this problem before because thread B's receives would have completed with an error and so it would have gotten an error when it tried to wait on it.

We handled this case by using reader-writer locks to prevent another thread from reenabling anysources between when the user checks that potential senders are alive and when it posts the receive.  Now we'd need to hold the lock between when we check for senders and when the request actually completes.

Does that mean we need to explicitly reenable each AS receive?

-d