[Mpi3-ft] MPI_Comm_validate parameters

Graham, Richard L. rlgraham at ornl.gov
Wed Mar 2 10:49:35 CST 2011

I believe that what is being proposed here is not thread-safe.  If you
look back at some of the docs that were put together when we were actively
looking at this over a year ago, there was a proposal on how to do this in
a thread safe manner.  Having said that, I am not sure if thread safety is
an issue here or not - it depends very much on the life-cycle of the state
information.  In the original proposal, the "vector" returned by
comm_validate had some state information.

Rich