[Mpi3-ft] RTS Proposal v6 - Final Draft

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Wed Jun 29 13:06:15 CDT 2011

I uploaded the 6th revision of the RTS proposal to the wiki. This
revision includes the changes at bottom.
 * https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/276
 * https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/ft/run_through_stabilization
 * https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/wiki/ft/run_through_stabilization/FTWG-Process-FT-Draft-6.pdf

Please take a look over the document if you have not already. I intend
to send this out to the MPI Forum mailing list Thursday at around 1
p.m. EDT.

The PDF will be attached to both the ticket and the email sent to the
full forum. I updated the ticket with some setup text if you would
like to review (PDF to be attached tomorrow):
 * https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/276

Thanks,
Josh

Change Log:
 * 3.7.3: Adjust wording to "- such an error must be treated as fatal
which has the same effect as calling MPI_ABORT on MPI_COMM_SELF."
 * 17.2: Updated the definitions of 'error' and 'failure' (and new citation)

--
Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate