[Mpi3-ft] New draft of the Run-Through Stabilization document
jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Wed Jun 15 15:15:49 CDT 2011
I just uploaded a new draft of the RTS proposal to the wiki.
* 2.8: Removed "Similarly, MPI itself provides no mechanisms for
handling processor failures." and added the paragraph/advice discussed
on the list.
* 8.3: Removed modification on the end of the paragraph starting with
"After an error is detected,"
* 13.7: Removed previous update to the Advice to Users based upon
clarification in chapter 2.
* 17.1: Adjusted last sentence of Advice to Implementors per teleconf.
* 17.2: Added definition/citation for 'error' and 'failure'
* 17.3: Fixed plural typo in Rationale.
* 17.4: Took a pass at clarifying that the process state attribute is
consistent to the local process, not all ranks in the application.
* 17.5: Fixed a bunch of "rank_states" that should have been
"rank_infos" in the function argument declarations.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
More information about the mpiwg-ft