[Mpi3-ft] New RMA functions

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 24 11:04:12 CST 2011

Would we need to add a status object to the sync operations?  We should be able to use the return code.

We may have issues with operations that complete locally and return MPI_SUCCESS, but then later fail when they actually perform the communication, but we already have this issue with regular sends.

I don't believe that we are making (or can make, without requiring every operation to be synchronous) the guarantee that if an operation returns MPI_SUCCESS that it was successfully delivered in the presence of a permanent failure (e.g., permanent network bisection or process failure).

-d