[Mpi3-ft] New Recovery Proposal
jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Mon Aug 29 15:22:45 CDT 2011
I reviewed the proposal today, and made the below modifications to the
* Added MPI_ERR_RANK_NOT_REJOINED error class
* Note that generations start at 0, and increase from there.
* Tweaked name of: MPI_COMM_RESTORE_REJOIN_ALL to MPI_COMM_RESTORE_ALL_REJOIN
* Fixed combo option: MPI_COMM_RESTORE_REJOIN_COLLECTIVE
* Clarified MPI_COMM_RESTORE_REJOIN_COLLECTIVE
* Added combo option: MPI_COMM_RESTORE_ALL_REJOIN_COLLECTIVE
* Removed matching restriction on MPI_COMM_RESTORE_REJOIN_COLLECTIVE
* Added combination options chart
* Added interface matching chart
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Josh Hursey <jjhursey at open-mpi.org> wrote:
> I just updated the Process Recovery proposal to reflect the new state
> management interfaces. I also simplified some things in the process.
> The link is below:
> The previous proposal is still linked off the main wiki page if folks
> want to reference it.
> We should probably spend some time talking about the two proposals
> (stabilization and recovery) and compatibility of state management
> techniques. Send comments on the list, and I'll add it to the teleconf
> agenda for Wed.
> Joshua Hursey
> Postdoctoral Research Associate
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
More information about the mpiwg-ft