[Mpi3-ft] FT Working Group Teleconf (today)

George Bosilca bosilca at eecs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 24 08:34:06 CDT 2010

Josh,

I will not be able to attend either, we have a hard deadline this afternoon.

I did not have time to gather new results regarding the datatype manipulations for piggybacking techniques, so my position didn't change from the last Forum meeting. As a reminder, with few optimizations in the MPI library the whole datatype cycle (creation, commit and free) is under a micro-second (to be exact 0.86 on a 2Ghz Intel machine). This has been done without any caching implemented at the application level.

  Thanks,
    george.