[Mpi3-ft] Nonblocking Process Creation and Management

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Wed Jan 13 13:25:09 CST 2010

Since join() does a handshake to create the new communicator, it
should be delayed by the remote side of the protocol. A nonblocking
version would allow the application to possibly do other computation
while waiting for the remote side.

As far as Cancel, I have been thinking that it might be useful for
Accept and Connect. Though with the normal problems of Cancel, I don't
know how to really specify it. I want to look into it a bit more
before next week to see if anything useful can be said of using Cancel
with Accept/Connect.

-- Josh