[Mpi3-ft] MPI_Init / MPI_Finalize

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Fri Aug 27 03:46:28 CDT 2010

Hi,

If at all, we could just as well do with the following call:

MPI_Init_version(argc, argv, req_ver, req_subver, provided_ver, provided_subver)

modeled after the MPI_Init_thread. The application would inspect the provided values and decide whether to proceed or bail out. No default error handler is needed in this case as far as I can see.

I must add that the growing number of the initialization calls may puzzle the users. What if the MPI_Init_version, in any form, would also like to control the threading level? I don't even mention the assertions yet. :)

Best regards.

Alexander