[Mpi3-ft] Teleconf & Status Update

Joshua Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Thu Aug 19 14:44:18 CDT 2010

As some of you may know I recently finished my Ph.D. at Indiana University and am now a postdoc at ORNL. I am working with Rich Graham and Ricky Kendall on application fault readiness at scale with a focus on MPI development. So I will still be active in the working group (possibly even more so).

Rich asked me to lead the teleconfs for the working group for a while. Our next teleconf is scheduled for Aug. 25 at Noon Eastern. I'll send out the contact information the day before the call. I updated the wiki with the teleconf schedule at bottom.

What active proposals are folks working on? Or, worded another way, are there topics that people would like to discuss on the teleconf next week?

The topics I know of:
 - Piggybacking: Scheduled to report back to the forum at the next MPI Forum meeting on 9/16.
 - Non-blocking dynamics: Proposal is finished, implementation is needed.
 - Run-though process failure proposal: I'll have some more details on this for the call next week.
 - Others?

Cheers,
Josh

Remaining Teleconf/Meeting Schedule for 2010:
 8/25 - Teleconf
 9/8  - Teleconf
 9/16 - MPI Forum WG Meeting [CA] (Piggybacking Plenary)
 9/29 - Teleconf
10/13 - MPI Forum WG Meeting [Chicago]
10/27 - Teleconf
11/10 - Teleconf