[Mpi3-ft] Communicator Virtualization as a step forward

George Bosilca bosilca at eecs.utk.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:16:09 CST 2009

I don't necessarily agree with the statement that FT-MPI is a subset
of the current spec. As the current spec can be implemented on top of
FT-MPI (with help from the PMPI interface), this tend to prove the
opposite.

However, I agree there are several features in the current spec that
were not covered by the FT-MPI spec, but these features can be
implemented on top of FT-MPI. As far as I understood, this is what
Josh proposed, as this will give a quick start (i.e. FT-MPI
implementation is already available).

   george.