[Mpi3-ft] Weekly con-calls

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Tue Sep 16 16:05:35 CDT 2008

Lets resume these meetings  on Wed next week, 9/24/2008, noon-2pm Eastern
time ­ moving this an hours later does not work for the people from Japan.
What we want to talk about next time are specific user use-cases.  We have
talked so far in generalities, but now need to get to specifics in term of
how apps actually want to use this functionality.  As an example, take the
case of client/server apps, with a failure in on of the ³clients².  If the
client is member of the remote group in the intercommunicator, fully
defining error scenarios in the current MPI-2 dynamics should be sufficient.
However, if a member of the failed client is in the some comm_world as the
sever then we need to define new semantics.   These are the sort of details
we need to get to, so please bring as much input as you can from the user
communities you work with.

Call details:
Wed - 12-2 pm EDT, 5-7 pm GMT
 US Toll Free number: 877-801-8130