[Mpi3-ft] Asynchronous error handling

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Fri May 23 13:32:58 CDT 2008

 On the telecon today we agreed to have our next telecon on 6/6 focus on how
we may handle asynchronous error notification within MPI.  The working
assumption is that we will still have return error codes, but also make use
of asynchronous notification.  We need to
   - Clearly define the boundary between these two different error
notification mechanisms, i.e., when we use one and when the other
   - Define the precise mechanism for asynchronous error notification
This e-mail is intended to jump start discussion in preparation for the next
telecon.

Rich