[Mpi3-ft] Transactional Messages

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Sun Mar 2 08:10:24 CST 2008

On Mar 1, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Greg Bronevetsky wrote:

>> I took the liberty of converting the 2 txt files to wiki pages. This
>> will allow us to better use the features of the wiki, like change
>> logs. They are linked off of the main FT wiki page:
>>   http://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/
>> FaultToleranceWikiPage
> How did you add the files as wiki pages? I see how to attach
> documents but I don't see how to add pages.

To add a page to the wiki:
  - click on the "Edit this page" button at the bottom of the page on
which you want to add the link to the page. So typically the mail
FaultToleranceWikiPage.
  - Whereever you want the link to appear just add the text:
    [wiki:"Transactional-Msg" Transactional Messages]
     Just after the "wiki:" this will be the page title to show up in
the url. After that is the link text to show up on the webpage as the
link.
  - Save this page with the "submit changes" button. You may want to
Preview the page before submitting just to make sure the page will
appear as you wanted it to.
  - When you return to the page you added the link to, just follow
your new link. The wiki will have automatically created a stub page
for you.
  - To edit the stub page just click on the "edit this page" button
at the bottom of that new page.

>> I suggest that we remove the two .txt files from the wiki head so we
>> do not become confused as to which document we are talking about.
> Sounds good to me. Where's the button for removing the files?

I was wondering the same thing. When you click on the attachment it
will take you to an HTML page with the attachment. At the bottom of
that page there should be a button "Delete attachment"

For some reason this button does not appear with the FT Wiki. I
wonder if some of the permissions on the wiki are messed up such that
you can only delete a page if you are logged in. Just a guess though.

-- Josh