[Mpi3-ft] docs on CP/R with RDMA fabrics

Mike Heffner mike.heffner at evergrid.com
Thu Jun 5 16:44:58 CDT 2008

[3rd try around, mailing list bounce]

All,

Attached are the documents I promised during the previous conference call.

The IPDPS 2007 paper gives a technical description of the Availability
Services product (known academically as "DejaVu") including the online
logging algorithm used for BSD socket applications. It also includes
some performance numbers from previous experiments with our RDMA MVAPICH
implementation.

The avs_mpi_integration.pdf document provides a brief description of the
interfaces that were required to integrate a userlevel CP/R framework
with MVAPICH/RDMA. This provides an insight into what we required to
integrate with a real-world RDMA MPI stack to provide CP/R with very
little overhead.

The third document is one I wrote this afternoon to propose an
asynchronous, quiescence interface. It is similar to Joshua's proposal
on the wiki, but provides an asynchronous, driver-level version that our
solution requires for application transparency.

I will try to get some of these onto the wiki as well.

Cheers,

Mike

--

   Mike Heffner <mike.heffner at evergrid.com>